Facial Plastic Surgery
Facial Plastic Surgery comprises several plastic surgery procedures, most of which can improve and even eliminate evidence of ageing on the face and neck.
Some facial surgery procedures improve the appearance or function of facial features by modifying their size or structure.
The aesthetic benefits of facial surgery will vary depending on the procedure you choose. You may elect to combine more than one procedure to obtain the best aesthetic and functional result.
Facial surgery undertaken by the doctors in this practice includes:
- Face/Neck Lift (Rhytidectomy) – To correct signs of ageing such as facial lines and wrinkles, sagging facial skin or neck. It is important to note that the success of these procedures requires both skin and muscle tightening to produce a long lasting aesthetic result. It also depends on the inherent elastic qualities of your skin.
- Browlift – To smooth out forehead wrinkles, lessen ‘crows feet’ wrinkles at the outside corners of the eyes and diminish frown lines that develop between the eyes resulting in a more relaxed and rested appearance. Sagging of the eyebrows contributes to sagging of the upper eyelids, which can ultimately interfere with vision.
- Nose Surgery (Rhinoplasty) – To reshape the nasal structures and improve its appearance in relation to the face. It is performed to correct birth defects or deformities resulting from injury or to relieve nasal obstruction.
- Eyelid Surgery (Blepharoplasty) – To remove excess skin folds and bulging fat bags on the upper and/or lower eyelids to give you a more youthful, rested appearance. While it will improve the bags and wrinkles around the eyes, it will not improve wrinkles of the cheeks, temples or forehead, or correct problems caused by sagging eyebrows. A browlift is required for these particular problems.
- Cheek Enhancement – To increase the prominence of the cheekbones and create a new aesthetic balance to the face. It may remove some wrinkles of the cheeks, but in general will not improve wrinkles around the eyes.
- Feather Lift (Facial and Neck lifting using threads) – To improve sagging around jaw line and neck, this procedure provides a ‘lift’ to jowls, corners of mouth, nasolabial folds, chin and neck. Threads inserted under the skin under local anaesthetic raise the face to a more youthful position. No skin or deeper tissues are cut or removed and there is no downtime and no scarring.
For more information about facial plastic surgery, visit the Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons website.